Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Well first and foremost I would like to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year, 恭喜发财,红袍拿来。I hope what I wrote is right, been trying to brush up on my Mandarin lately.

Anyway, yesterday, we finally had the reunion of all our primary school friends. If I'm not mistaken we had about 30 people in this reunion which was really great. Honestly, this wasn't an easy job to accomplish, but thanks to all my friends who kinda pushed me through and helped me a lot, this reunion turned out to be a success.

Around 6+, I drove to Sentosa to pick up my old class monitor, Teo Teck Cheong. I didn't recognize him at all, he changed so much. Well of course, I mean it has been 6 years since we last met. Anyway I picked him up and left for Asoka. I know, a weird place to have a reunion, but when I went to book at JETH they told me that they will be closed, so no choice I had to have it in Asoka.

Lan Si was the first to meet us there, then slowly one by one all of them came. It was nice to see all of them again, after like trying to picture how they looked while chatting with them through their msn. Soon, there were about 20+ of us and we decided to head to Station 1 as Asoka was pretty hot and not suitable to make loud noises.

It was nice to get to meet up with each other, I know I'm just repeating it again and again, but yeah that's how I felt. I mean these were some of the people I spent my 6 years of my early life with. I was really confused with the many colleges of the different people, I was really getting mixed up with all of them.

We then had a birthday celebration for our three birthday babies, Cheong Yong Sheng, Kenneth Mak Ping Li and Sam Shir Wei. We chilled a little while longer then the big task came - settling the bill. After that headache was over, we all decided to leave, and said our goodbyes.

It was a awesome experience seeing these faces again. I guess we should probably make it an annual thing. Well that's all I guess. Wishing all of you a Happy Chinese New Year, and I'm open for invitations :P chiowsss

0 comments: