Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 is here!!!

Well a year has gone and now a new year has arrived. Why do I sound so dull? Because for a fact I believe nothing is going to change much this year. Ok wait let me rephrase that sentence "nothing much is going to change this year" Let's analyze this situation and deduce why I have came up with such a statement (Fuyoh.. all my science terms coming out... :D)

2008
I thought everything would change this year, you know, me being done with school, and having a whole new kinda life ahead of me. I never realized I would be proven wrong. I had wanted to work but it was screwed up trying to find a job nearby my place so I decided to go all the way to KL, stay in church and work in Midvalley.
I wanted to start work in December 2007, but my mum told me she didn't want me to go anywhere for Christmas so I had to stay home. Then January I was sent to India to attend some meeting.

So I finally started working in February. I found a job in Tony Roma's The Gardens. My cousin was working there so I kinda used his influence. I picked up quickly (or so.. I guess) and even though I didn't pass the required needs I was taken to serve tables because we lacked staffs. It was heaven, I never really recall enjoying doing work so much. No, it wasn't because I was given freedom, nothing of that sort, it was purely because of the people I was working with. A great bunch of people, and I don't know whether I'll find workmates as good and fun as them. I used to be so motivated to go to work even though I knew that I would only be back at 2 in the morning. For those who know KL well, I used to finish work at 2, then head to the exit, walk right beside Volvo (which is beside the highway) and all the way to Brickfields, imagine that 2 in the morning walking alone, but I didn't have a single regret, it was awesome.

What made it even more awesome was that I met someone amazing when I was working back in KL. She was a girl I met through Friendster, and we decided to meet up, and lets just say she kinda turned my life around. We had our ups and downs, like every other relationships out there. I know how much I meant to her, though she might not think I appreciated her, I did, though now I realize I didn't actually show her how much she meant to me.


Just to make it clear, I appreciated every single second
that you spent with me, every single step that I took
knowing that I had you watching over me.
What you said is true I guess. I was an awesome friend but a sucky lover.
Thanks for still being with me now,
thanks for understanding me,
thanks for accepting me for who I am,
thanks for never saying "I had enough"
thanks for calling me at nights and just keeping me awake with you,
thanks for just being you.
I quit my job after a month, had some problems there, and I had to join college. I was initially planning on doing a Foundation in Science in HICT, then proceed to HELP to pursue a degree in Psychology. However, fate decided that it was not to be, upon enquiring, we found out that a degree in Psychology was being offered through the American Degree Program. Well, to make things short, I decided to enrol for that course and in no time at all, I was making friends (come on la .. its me you're talking about here... how can I not make friends :p)
Slowly but surely a change was coming about in the college. You see when I first joined college, it was dull, a place of no life, a stagnant mood of patheticness floating about. Then, we met the best lecturer of all time, Mr. Victor. Now, he brought this different mind set into our college habit. He had a dream, and he sensed his dream would be able to be a reality with us. We, of course, being so freaking active back in school most undoubtedly said yes.
This was the changing point, as we set off to make an unimaginable tide of changes.
We started of many clubs such as the Drama club (now known as the performing arts club which includes drama club, dance club and music club) and the Toastmasters club.
We started up a bistro known as the Blackout Bistro serving foods for anyone who visits the bistro.
We performed for many shows in the college events such as the July 4th American Independence Day show and the Bloody Hell Show.
So college was a blast and oh yeah, my bunch of friends won the HICT Street Soccer tournament. So all in all, college was the best thing to keep my 2008 alive.
Besides that, I went clubbing for the first time in my life, it was awesome, everything about it was almost bringing me to tears of joy.
However what I meant when I said that I don't think nothing much is going to change is the freedom I get from my parents. I believe all of you should know how strict my parents are, or probably not strict but rather how they wouldn't let me out that much. I started last year thinking that I'm goin to be 18, I've left school, now life is about to change, I was hell wrong. Well, yes, I did get to go out more than I used to, but looking around and seeing the people my age, I realize some kids are better off than me, in that sense I don't see 2009 being any different for me.
BUT!!!!!
I'm not going to sit down and moan about it, HELL NO!!!! I'm going to make full use of it, in whichever way I can, thanks to Ahdesya and Ruzanna for kicking it into me.
So I'm going to nail 2009 in the best way I can, and I just realized I have another thing to accomplish in 2009
I NEED TO GET MY FIRST KISS!!!

0 comments: