Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Essays

Now as I promised earlier, just to give you a glimpse of how I used to write back in those high school days, I will treat all of you with some essays that I managed to salvage from the many cleaning processes of my room. Back in high school, I was renowned for always writing a love story for all my tests and exams and even all the teachers knew about it. This is one of my favourites, hope you guys enjoy it too. The title was "It was gloomy that day, rain clouds were forming above my head....." Write an essay which starts like this in not less than xxx words (I cant remember the number of words)


It was gloomy that day, rain clouds were forming above my head. Faint grumbling sounds of the thunder could be heard. It was almost as if the clouds and thunder did not want me to get out of my house. There was no one at home and having just finished my mid-year examination, I was looking forward to play football in the court in school.

It wasn't long before tiny drops of rain dropped down to the earth. I decided that it was wise to stay at home, for the rain might get heavier. Sure enough, it was raining cats and dogs and I felt a certain comfort being at home. I decided to take a nap and I fell asleep the moment my head touched the bed.

I woke up suddenly feeling a sudden discomfort, my eagle eyes searched the room and found nothing peculiar. I tip-toed my way down the steps and didn't find anything odd but yet the discomfort in my heart did not cease. Suddenly, the phone rang. I almost jumped out of my skin and quickly answered the phone. The caller introduced himself as Encik Mazlan, he told me that a man was involved in an accident. After the ambulance took him away, the caller found the victim's handphone and searching the phonebook he saw "home" and decided to call. He added that the victim was in a serious state.

I was shell-shocked, a certain wave of darkness swept through me. I asked him which hospital he was admitted into and I found out it was the hospital which was nearby the house. Having no one to send me there, I decided to cycle to the hospital. As I was cycling, a sudden emptiness came upon me as the possibility of the victim being my father became more excruciating.

I reached the hospital with my eyes full of tears, I couldn't bear the fact that my father could actually leave me. My mind raced back to the time my father first taught me how to kick a ball. I was five years old, he scolded me because I didn't kick the ball properly, as he wanted me to kick it using the inside of my feet. I realised that where I was now as the captain of the Selangor Under-18 team was all due to the times spent with my father. I had never thanked him for that.

I thought back to the last time I saw my father. He had advised me to focus on my studies and not play around. I explained that I was studying and it was because he didn't spend any time at home that he didn't see me studying. A series of arguments arose and I left him shouting at me and banged my door right at his face. That happened yesterday and today here I was trying to accept the fact that he might have actually gone.

I didn't realise where my legs were taking me, and as I looked up I found myself on the third floor. The man who called earlier said that the accident victim was in room number 50. I strode quickly and then broke into a run, 40,41, 42... "I wasn't ready to let him out of my life", 46,47,48... "Dad, I still love you, I'm sorry" these thoughts rang in my head. Where was room 50 I asked. Thinking of my father and looking at the room number, I banged into someone. I got up quickly said a quick word of sorry and was about to continue looking when I heard my name being called. I turned around, looked up and there was my father. "What are you doing here?" my father asked. I was speechless, I just looked up at him and tears filled my eyes, I ran and hugged him. "Dad, I got a phone call, the person described your car and the phone has our house number on it," I said. I couldn't hold back my tears no more, "I thought you had gone dad, I thought you were dead, I was just thinking back of all the times I had with which I have never appreciated. I thought of the times I let you down. I'm sorry, dad." I suddenly thought about the call I received, "Dad, if you are here, then who was involved in the accident?" I asked my father. "Oh, that guy. He stole my car when I got down to get some grocery items and I also left my phone in the car. I had no idea that something like this would befall him," explained my dad.

After seeing the victim and giving a police report, both father and son, MY dad and I left the hospital and went back home. I thank God that he could give me a chance to realized my mistakes and repent. I promise I will never hurt you again, dad.


This was the essay I wrote back in Form 5 for my mid-year exams if I'm not mistaken. I'll try getting more essays. Do drop some comments, thanx.

This is Dr. Love signing out, byeeeee

0 comments: