Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Things After Camp

Well I have told you all about what happened in camp. Now here comes the part after camp was over until today. I'll try to make it as short as I can.

I came back from camp and when I stepped into my house the first thing I saw was the new Christmas tree. 7 feet tall, Gold and red decorations, it was exactly what I wanted. The first night I kind of slept early, to recuperate from all the minimal sleep I had got from camp. The next day, I watched a movie, "The Day The Earth Stood Still". It was ok la, not to say an awesome movie and also not to say its bad, it was just kinda dull but with deep moral values. I went with my cousins, Divya and Dennis and my 2 camp friends, Anna and Kenneth. After sending them back, I got home, changed, rushed to college because I had this dinner I had to attend.

As I got to college, the whole place looked so different, I went to find my friends, and my oh my, the ADP section was beautiful though it was located at a rather nonstrategic spot. However, after helping out a bit, only a bit. We followed Mr. Victor to this Moghul restaurant for a Toastmasters meeting where Mr. Victor was suppose to give his 3rd speech (the first speech we were going to hear from him). As Mr. Victor said, he wasn't really prepared and felt that he did ok, it was actually quite nice. Someone even thought that he could do better than the other speakers (MUSHROOM), all in all it was great to be able to attend the toastmaster's meeting, I thank Mr. Victor for everything that night.

The next day was the HICT Open Day - Day 1, I got up around 5.30 and left for Shireen's house at 6.30, then went to pick Rachel up. She put a container of curry in my car, and me of course never having a curry as a passenger, drove the way I usually drive and by the time we reached college, unsurprisingly we found the curry on my carpet. To clear up he mess, we kept the container onto the seat, not realizing at all that the container had curry in it and also around it. By then, the seat was stained with the curry so was the carpet, I just let it be and hurried to college. To make things short, there were very few people who came to our booth, the location being most likely the reason. By 3, I left college because I had to go for caroling. Caroling was fun, sort of, reached back home around 12.

The next day again, I left for college but not that early this time. I reached college by 9.45-ish. This day, I wasn't really at the ADP booth at all, I was rather busy playing caroms, ping pong, chess and football with Choon Yau. Again the attendance was poor and again I left for caroling at 3. This time caroling was a blast, however I was told somethings by my mum which I had to give in to. But what really affected me that night was something an elderly man told me while caroling. We were wishing Merry Christmas to everyone and leaving. I shook this man's hand and he just grabbed my hand, pulled me close and said into my ears "I want you to become a priest". It kind of affected me the whole day, yes even though I was dancing and singing so happily it was still in the back of my mind.

Monday - nothing happened

Tuesday - nothing happened, except sis came back, and I managed to talk to her.

Wednesday - Went to Aeon in the afternoon, went to book the tickets for "Twilight", went to my cousins place, picked her up went for the Sesame Street Show which was playing in Aeon. Met a couple of friends there. Then hanged around for a while then went for the movie. Twilight is actually a nice movie I would say. I would probably rate it 7.5/10. I watched the movie with Shireen, Wee Han and his friend Paula.
Now besides all these things which have happened to me, I have been facing a lot of problems, which some of you might know. Its not those "Ouch, I hit my foot on the bed" kinda problems but more serious ones. Life isn't easy at all for me at the moment, all sorts of problems are drowning me at the moment. Love problems, friends, parents or rather family. Its just so difficult, but I believe God wont give me something I cant handle, so I guess I just have to wait and see.

0 comments: